Saturday, October 12, 2013

Inspired by... Kate's BCBG ruffle cropped jacket

One of my all-time favorite Kate pieces has been this cream ruffled BCBG jacket that she wore just prior to her 2011 wedding.  You might remember my previous post on this item.  
I have a serious crush on this cropped little jacket.  It is a light weight woven twill jacket with ruffles down the front and 3/4 length sleeves.  I believe the jacket is circa 2006 (?) but I'm not sure.  In any case we do know that Kate has a habit of keeping and re-wearing clothes for a loooong time.  This jacket seems to be no exception.  In fact you can see in the picture below that a bit of the hem seems loose.

Image via kate-middleton.us.

Sorry for the silly capture below, I just really liked how her dress is flaring out and I think its a great shot of the entire outfit as well.

Image via kate-middleton.us.

Of course I like to keep a special eye out for my personal favorites and I'm always on the look out for a dupe of Kate's BCBG jacket.
Fortunately I found one that is slightly reminiscent of the Duchess' cropped ruffled version.
This jacket from Dorothy Perkins reminds me a bit of Kate's.  It features ruffles all along the front opening.  The ruffles also come down around the waist and it features long sleeves and comes a pale beige pleather.  This jacket retails for approximately $95 USD.
Okay so it is slightly removed from Kate's version but a girl can always dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment